Object identification for Solar System Objects?

Started by 34South, May 31, 2020, 10:02:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

34South

Perhaps I'm being a little stupid here or need to read the manual to better understand but, when importing an image of the moon, or a planet, whose positions are not juxtaposed to a particular star field or simply do not contain stars for reasons of exposure, how does one ensure that the image is catalogued under the "Moon" or "Planets" album? One cannot drag the image into the album, even when unlocked, and astrometric matching will of course fail, avoiding automatic cataloguing.

Sander Berents

These are smart albums. Tag the images with "moon" or "pl" for them to show up. The "Using the Sidebar" article in the user guide lists the tags that are being used.

Smart albums are key for organizing large number of images with minimal effort. Observatory 1.5.1 was just released. I am very excited about this one 8). It adds 21 (twenty-one!) additional criteria you can use in smart albums. I also added articles in the user guide about smart albums and suggestions about how to use Observatory for organizing images.

More info about 1.5.1 is here: /news/ .
Sander Berents
Code Obsession, LLC
https://codeobsession.com