General sequence of processing steps with stacks

Started by RogueSquadron, July 04, 2018, 06:32:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RogueSquadron

Hello,

When working with stacks I am wondering if it is better to apply calibration, debayering, etc. to the individual images in the stack first and then create a master out of the stack (after aligning) or if it would make more sense, to apply the calibration only to the created master of the stack?

When I look in the getting started example, I would assume, calibration shall be applied to all individual images first and then creating the master.

Am I right?

Thanks in advance

Rogue

Sander Berents

Yes, to the individual images.

Typically you would

• select the images and create a stack;
  • focus on it, select all images in the stack ("..." button) and blink them. Reject any images that you don't want to include in the stack (Stack ▸ Reject);
  • then make sure the correct pick image has been selected. By default it is the first one in a range, which is often the one with the best focus. The best focus is what you want as pick image;
  • then apply all adjustment with the settings you want to just that pick image, including align (which will be ignored for it of course);
  • then select all images in the stack ("..." button), and choose  Layer ▸ Copy Pick Adjustments. That will cause all those adjustments to be applied to the other images in the stack.

Sander Berents
Code Obsession, LLC
https://codeobsession.com