Main Menu

Can't reimport image

Started by Lead_weight, July 08, 2018, 03:32:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lead_weight

I've run across a problem where I had previously imported an image. Inside Observatory it showed that image file as being corrupt, so I moved it to the trash, and emptied the trash, then checked that the original image was not corrupt, and tried to import it again. Now it no longer shows as being able to import it again, but it still shows in the original folder on my hard drive and in the import window. It's grayed out.

Sander Berents

If it's grayed out, then there still must be a reference to the image somewhere in the library. If you already emptied the trash, maybe you once created a new version of the image in the library? Used it in a stack? Alas, right now Observatory has no mechanism to show you all the versions of a master image in a library. The only way you can see if there are such references is if is grayed out in the import sheet, but you can't see which ones these are.

Next time something like this happens, instead of deleting it, you may want to use the Image ▸ Reset Attributes command. It will force Observatory to reread the image. What behavior in Observatory made you believe the image was corrupt?
Sander Berents
Code Obsession, LLC
https://codeobsession.com

Lead_weight

There was a yellow triangular sign in the corner with an exclamation point. When I hovered over it, it said the image was corrupt. When I double clicked it, gave me an error when trying to enlarge it to full view. So I just thought I would delete and reimport. I checked the original file on my hard drive, and I could open it in preview with no issues, so I assumed it was a glitch of some sort.

Sander Berents

The yellow triangle badge is displayed when the master image was modified after importing it into Observatory. See the table in the Image Browser section of the documentation for the meaning of the different badges.

If you see the badge you typically use the Image ▸ Reset Attributes command to synchronize the information about the image in the library with the updated file. If Observatory continues to have problems with the file, could you please share it with Dropbox so I can investigate the issue?
Sander Berents
Code Obsession, LLC
https://codeobsession.com